M&S Contractors (E.A.) Ltd understands its obligation to respects everyone’s right to privacy. Any information collected will only be used to improve our services and levels of communication to our clients, suppliers, staff and sub-contractors.
We will ensure confidentiality of all details, at no time will any information supplied be passed onto any third party.
How your information will be used
- The Company needs to keep and process information about you for normal sub-contractor purposes. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us, at the time when your employment ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with the employment contract, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
- As a company pursuing carrying out carpentry and joinery activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. The nature of our legitimate interests are carpentry and joinery. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
- Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as your contracts manager, or in some cases, external sources, such as referees.
- The sort of information we hold includes your starter form and references, your contract of engagement and any amendments to it; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to you about rates or, at your request, a letter to your mortgage company confirming your earnings; information needed for payroll and records relating to your career history, such as training records, appraisals, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records.
- Where necessary, we may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and GP reports and notes. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to do your job and whether any adjustments to your job might be appropriate.
- We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
- Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your engagement, once engagement ceases your information will be retained for 12 months after this period your information will be permanently removed.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection Director
- M&S Contractors (E.A.) Ltd is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR.
- If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Chris Love – Director
Tel. 01473 749666 Ext. 212